St. Louis Gynecologic Care
The gynecologists at Consultants in Women’s Healthcare are committed to providing complete care for women to promote the health and wellbeing of each patient.
Our office is comprised of skilled providers who are here to help you make well-informed decisions about your health.
Types of Care
- Well Women Visits: The annual well woman exam serves as a time for you and your health-care provider to review your comprehensive medical history, identify new and ongoing issues and screen for preventable illnesses.
- Contraception: Contraception allows women to prevent unintended pregnancy and plan the timing of their families. It is important to find a birth control that complements your lifestyle and specific health needs.
- Common Gynecologic Infections: Vaginal and urinary tract infections are common gynecologic infections. Women may also experience a wide range of vaginal discharge.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), is one of the most common endocrine disorders in the U.S. Symptoms can include irregular periods, excess body hair and oil production, weight gain, inability to lose weight, and acne. Treatment is tailored to each woman’s life and reproductive status.
- Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are the most common types of pelvic tumors in females. Fibroids are benign uterine tumors arising from the smooth muscle cells in the wall of the uterus.
- Menopausal Management: Menopause presents with a variety of symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats and vaginal dryness. The treatment varies by individual. A provider may recommend lifestyle changes, over-the-counter remedies, prescription therapies, hormone therapy or non-hormonal therapy.